Welcome to PG&E ERG Online Application Portal
DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL FEBRUARY 5TH AT 11:59 PM PST!
As PG&E employees actively engage in the communities in which they work and live, many do so through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). As part of the support these groups provide to the communities they serve, they offer scholarship opportunities for those pursuing higher education. These scholarships are funded primarily by donations from PG&E employees and retirees, and a matching gift by PG&E.
Each ERG awards scholarships to students who have shown commitment to specific communities or causes. While all the ergs use a common scholarship application for general information, each group has its own eligibility requirements and application supplement for specific information. The eligibility requirements are listed in the table on the next page.
All ERG scholarship programs are open to all eligible students to apply.
Please provide information directly to each Employee Resource Group to which you are applying. Review the application supplements for each group to which you are applying, as there are specific requirements for each group. The applications and all supporting documents must be provided by Friday, February 3, 2017.
For each scholarship application packet include the following documents:
- Completed application form
- Essay(s) on the topic specified per the erg application supplement
- Copy of PG&E bill from within the last six months or other proof of residency in the PG&E service area
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from teachers, guidance counselors, coaches, community leaders, mentors, or work supervisors
- ERG specific requirements
Applicants for the PrideNetwork scholarships should not complete this application. Instead, please go to www.equalityscholarship.org for a link to the online application.
- You will be notified by May 2017, of your scholarship application status and next steps (if applicable).
- Scholarship recipients must attend an accredited school within the United States and provide a student ID number before any scholarship funds will be disbursed.
- PG&E ERG scholarships are mailed directly to recipients’ schools and may only be used for tuition, fees, books, and supplies. Checks are not sent directly to students nor their families.
- Applicants must reside within the PG&E Service area.